- Client: Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust
- Sector: Healthcare
- Location: Nationwide
- Services: Pre-Construction, Construction Support, Special Projects
Conceived by world-famous architects, each centre is designed to create a calm and uplifting environment.
A home from home where patients and their families can get the support they need.
Our early involvement means we can identify potential issues in advance, providing Maggie’s with the insight and advice they need to make informed decisions.
Each centre has its challenges: working on a restricted hospital site in St Bart’s; perfecting the geometry and curves in Swansea; and creating the elaborate timber frame at Manchester.
But through innovation, close collaboration, precise planning and continuous communication we have brought these visions to life.
And putting hearts as well as heads behind each project, the relationship has grown. Now, through our corporate partnership we are generating vital funds, donations and support.
To achieve these extraordinary designs at a high quality within budget, we provide buildability and financial advice well in advance. Our teams start by scrutinising the plans in minute detail. Transforming vision into reality, we stay true to the architect’s vision while keeping construction lean, efficient and collaborative.
- Temporary solution: Mindful of the charity’s limited budget but immediate need, we designed and donated a meditative interim centre for Clatterbridge. Consisting of six site cabins and the London Dresser from the 2012 Olympics with a scalloped fibreglass wraparound, the centre has gone on to win awards for design and ingenuity.
- Challenging curves: After struggling to work out how to realise Kisho Kurokawa’s concrete and curves for its Swansea centre, Maggie’s asked us to get involved.
- Careful planning: When working on hospital premises, we make sure deliveries are carefully controlled and access routes maintained, ensuring minimal disruption.
- Architecturally driven: Extensive prototyping and modelling and intense collaboration with all disciplines underpins delivery of Maggie’s distinctive centres.
- Individually crafted: Each of the Swansea centre's individual titanium inserts was cut and rolled to the right shape before being inserted into the concrete panels.
Our projects with Maggie's
Find out more about our partnership with Maggie's
Our corporate partnership
It’s more than a decade since we started working with the charity Maggie’s, as well as the construction of many of its architecturally significant centres, we’ve committed to raising £1,000,000 over ten years for the charity.Find out more
Engineering Excellence for Maggie’s first Cancer Care Centre in Wales
Our expertise overcame a challenging design to deliver this unique healthcare project at Singleton Hospital, SwanseaFind out more
Innovation key to delivering Maggie’s at The Christie
Our construction knowledge and know-how was key in helping realise the complex architectural vision for Maggie’s at The Christie in ManchesterFind out more
Heritage and complex projects expertise delivers Maggie’s Barts
Our Special Projects delivered this technically complex healthcare project within live hospital campus and protected it’s Grade I listed neighboursFind out more