How Sir Robert McAlpine is supporting ‘Build Back Better’
“The construction industry has a key role to play in supporting the economic recovery as the UK seeks to rebuild our society and economy from the devastating impacts of coronavirus. We welcome the determination to Build Back Better and look forward to working with policymakers on realising this ambition. At Sir Robert McAlpine we’re fully committed to playing our part in the recovery by building back better and greener and nurturing an inclusive environment which fosters diversity and talent”.
Paul Hamer, Chief Executive
Here’s 5 ways Sir Robert McAlpine is playing our part:
- Building Excellence: We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain’s most iconic projects and look forward to building Britain’s future heritage. Delivering large-scale infrastructure projects is what we do, and we take pride that our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence and sustainability.
- Skills: We welcome the commitment to investing in skills, especially for young people. Sir Robert McAlpine is passionate about promoting construction careers among young people and supporting the upskilling of construction workers. Addressing the skills gap in the built environment and engineering sectors is a top priority.
- Innovating: Our commitment to technical excellence means we are always looking to push the boundaries of the possible and embrace new technologies and advancements within the industry. The unexpected challenges of coronavirus drove innovative thinking and adaptation which we can learn from and will take forward in our operations.
- Sustainability: Our sustainability strategy aims to have a measurably positive impact on local communities and the environment. We are focused on reducing the effects of climate change across our business and will achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2025.
- Fit for the future: Our people’s safety is always our first priority. We will only work when we know we can keep everyone safe. As part of our commitment to being an inclusive workplace for everyone, we recognise the benefits of flexible working and are dedicated to tackling the stigma of mental health within the industry.