Showcasing the many ways in which we are using our engineering excellence to create a built environment fit for future generations, the report explores our work to instil a sustainable mindset right across our business.
We’re developing lasting programmes, tools and expertise to respond to the evolving needs of our sector and our clients, embedding sustainability into our project delivery, and upskilling our people and supply chain partners to ensure that we deliver on our promises.
Working in collaboration with our consultants, supply chain partners and clients, we are making a real difference.
From embedding ethical procurement into our working practices and reducing our carbon emissions, to delivering lasting social value and transitioning to a more circular model of resource use: we’re changing how we operate.
2020/21 highlights include:
- Our first Net Zero Carbon office development in central London
- Delivering the first materials passport in the UK
- Signing up to the Science Based Targets initiative which will provide a clear pathway to reduce our carbon emissions
- Delivering a programme of Labour Practice Audits
- Reducing construction waste on our projects
- Delivering >£20million of social value activities
- Continued success of our Strong Foundations community grants
Find out more about our journey here.
Our new sustainability report shows that, when we work together with focus and drive, it’s possible to deliver more sustainable projects, which build positive futures. I’m proud of what we’ve delivered to date but we’re by no means finished!