Our Strong Foundations Grant was launched in July, inviting community and charity groups in the North West region to apply for a share of our £25k fund.
Following a 4-week application window, we received 36 applications via Action Funder from those eligible groups that require funding or support for new ideas or existing projects. Successful applications were shortlisted and a judging panel of Sir Robert McAlpine representatives selected the winning projects, which have been awarded up to £3,000 each.
Thank you to all those that applied and congratulations to our awardees.
Our Knutsford awardees
- Merseyway Workshop: We’ve helped to purchase potters wheels for Merseyway Workshop which will help improve wellbeing, provide educational development & create inclusive opportunities for employment & economic growth in Stockport.
- New Scout HQ and Equipment: Funding will help 1st Knutsford Scouts procure interior furnishings for their new HQ building including tables, chairs and catering equipment so that a wide range of different organisations will be able to use the premises.
- #WelcomeToGMcr: MancSpirit is a charity that harnesses creativity and the arts to inspire positive mental wellbeing. We are supporting their programme which looks to attract those from a BAME background to get involved.
- Christmas book vouchers: We are supporting Bridging the Gap Manchester to include a £10 book voucher in their next set of school holiday hunger parcels so that children get a chance to choose a book for themselves.
- Perimeter sailing/running track: Funding will go towards build and materials required for the perimeter tarmac track around Friends of Stanley Hall Park.
Our Manchester awardees
- The Barlow Woodland: The 3 acre woodland is currently being restored by a team of volunteers after years of neglect. Current access to the woods is via two old rusty gates so funding from our Strong Foundations Grant will help to replace these.
- Firecamp: This joint project between North Tameside Scouts and Ashton Community Fire Station brings a derelict piece of land attached to the fire station into use by the Scouts and Community. Funding will help provide access gates.
- Laptop computer funding: We are providing a laptop for use by the Winster House community group who organise events to bring people together, creating community cohesion and boosting wellbeing.
- Catalyst Youth Centre: N-Gage currently deliver two youth work sessions a week for children and young people and open their community café twice a week. Funding will enable additional sessions so more young people can access.
- Community Grocers on wheels: The pandemic highlighted the problem of poverty in society. We are supporting Humans MCR provide a foodbank on-wheels service delivering groceries to those who need it the most in the city.
- Tiger and Tim: This social enterprise develop youngsters through extensive videos, social media work, blogs and educational materials. Comprehension ability, wider knowledge, emotional intelligence and family values are just some of the areas they focus on, with literacy the centrepiece. Funding from our Strong Foundations Grant will help with this educational programme.